Add a Projection is an essential part of cash flow forecasting. It helps you check the outcome of a cash position by adding various projections during daily cash flow. You can add, edit or hide a forecasted transaction.
- Go to Cash Flow.
- Click the drop-down below the cash flow chart.
- Click Add a Projection, and there will be a pop-up window.
- Select Actuals/ System Forecast if you would like to include a single or both transactions for forecasting.
- Click Create.
- The changes saved will reflect on all the transactions of the selected projection.
- System Projection is the forecasted cash position based on transactional history from the accounting data.
- Apart from the System Projection, you can create two more projections.
- You can view the data of a particular projection by clicking it.
- The dotted line on the graph for the selected projection will be shown from the past 12 months till the forecasted date, while the lines of the rest of the projections from the present day till the forecasted date.
- Clicking on a date in the graph will show the details of the same in the table below.
- You can see the impact of all three scenarios with the line chart above, and the details of the selected scenarios for the future date on the table below.
Edit/ Duplicate/ Delete an added projection through quick action buttons.
Please note System Projection can be edited or duplicated but cannot be deleted.
Reset the user projection data of a particular scenario by clicking on the reset button above the graph.