The Graph is a visual presentation of the cash flow forecasting. Calculations are based on data collected from the connected accounting software, system projections, and your entries in Predict.
Actuals & Projected Cash Flow shows the cash flow in the last consecutive12 months', current, and next 360 days projection. There are two related parts to it, the Graph and Tabular. Any changes made in the connected accounting software or in Predict reflects both in the graph and tabular version.
By default, the projection is set as Weekly with the option to switch to Daily or Monthly.
To see a detailed graphical forecast of a particular date or month, hover the cursor over the graph. You can also interact with the graph to display the Opening Balance, Cash In, Cash Out, and Closing Balance.
Depending on the financial data collected, whether it be from the accounting software or added manually, the graph will include Actuals, System, and User Projections.
Actuals displays the actual numbers downloaded from the accounting software.
System Forecast displays the cash flow forecast based on the historical transaction details of the accounting software.
User Forecast is visible only when you input projections by adding a transaction or scenario.
When you click a date on the graph, the tabular view is changed to the selected date with previous and forecasted data according to the time frame selected.
- To change the viewing, just click on the Calendar icon in the top-left corner of the table. Select the date, month, or year to see the data.
- You can also click the arrow sign on the right to view the graph information of the following dates.
Expand/ Collapse View
- Place and drag the mouse to expand the cash flow graph for multiple days, weeks, and months.
- Place the cursor on a selected date to display the data for a scenario.
- To close the expanded cash flow graph view, click the blue icon on the extreme right of the graph.
- The selected scenario trend line will appear from the previous 12 months to the next 360 days. For other scenarios, the trend line will start from the current date to the next 360 days.
- Any change in the Plan a Scenario will be reflected in the trend lines for the selected scenario.
Actual Cash Flow will show the exact balance for the previous 12 months to the last synced data in Predict.
Beginning balance in the accounting software on a particular date.
- Cash In
Total amount received on a particular date.
- Cash Out
Total amount spent on a particular date.
Ending balance in the accounting software on a particular date.
Current Cash Flow shows the current balance of the day in the accounting software based on the actual transactions that have occurred as of the last sync in Predict.
Opening balance in the accounting software on a particular date.
- Cash In
Total of Accounts Receivable (whether received or due to receive) and Income received on the current date.
- Cash Out
Total Accounts Payable (whether paid or due to be paid) and Expenses paid on the current date.
Ending balance in the accounting software based on the transactions that have occurred and due on the current date.
Projected Cash Flow presents the projected cash position for the next 360 days based on previous transaction history. It will include both system and user projections.
Opening balance in the accounting software during the previous download in Predict.
- Cash In
The projected total of Accounts Receivable and Income on a particular date based on the history of previous transactions.
- Cash Out
The projected total of Accounts Payable and Expenses on a particular date based on the history of previous transactions.
The projected ending balance in the accounting software based on the history of previous transactions.
Click the Reset icon to the right of the graph to reset the selected scenario.
Click the Download icon to download the data to the excel sheet.